Wednesday, May 7, 2008

@ the card store ....

I always like to go to the Hallmark store to look for cards - birthday, mother's day, father's day, etc. Sure I could get one at the grocery store but the selection is better and I must feel some kind of loyalty as a former Hallmarker. And I always care enough to send the very best.

So I was perusing the Mother's Day cards today. Wow, does Hallmark know how to capitalize on every little niche or what.

You've got your standard "to Mom" and "to Mother" cards. Then you've got all the permutations of whom the card is from: son, daughter, the two of us, all of us, the dog, the baby, etc.

But my favorites seemed to be targeting unique slices of motherhood.
- "To Mom - I know I was a difficult child" Is this the one you send from prison?
- To Birth Mother.
- To Aging Mother. I saw nothing on this card that really distinguished it for old ladies, by the way.
- For your first mother's day. See, it is best to be the oldest ...

1 comment:

Ann and Tim said...

Former Hallmarker. hehe.