Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fighting the last war

I will offer a short break from my usual inane comments concerning my workouts, meals and DUI field tests. There is a saying that generals are always fighting the last war. I'm sure my many readers are smart enough to figure out what that means.

However, I use it as a metaphor for relationships. It seems I often end up fighting the last war. Whatever deficiencies the previous partner had, I find them in abundance in the next one. Or I go looking for it. So am I destined to bounce back and forth between complete polar opposites? Remain celibate until 50?

OK, enough of that deep thought. Makes my pretty little head hurt.

It's Spring.

My bizarre upper-abdominal Naproxen-induced pain has mostly ceased.

I'm going to get my mountain bike tuned up, in case we have 7 days without rain.

I made salmon for the first time ever. And it was edible. This makes me happy.

1 comment:

Ann and Tim said...

Congrats on the salmon! Maybe it was also a metaphor for a relationship...you tried something new and now you have broken the cycle.

It is SPRING! Time for new beginnings. Cheers to starting fresh!