Saturday, July 7, 2007

indoor 'dip and dash'

Friday was a much needed rest day. I met some friends for dinner and the k.d. Lang - Lyle Lovett concert at Starlight. k.d. played first for about an hour. She puts on a great show and has an incredible voice. Lyle played for about two hours, with his very Large Band. I had never seen him in concert before. It was a good show, he did alot of more ballad type songs and some bluegrass, which is OK in small doses. Then he finished with a very rousing version of "Church."

Yes it was mostly old people there. Probably not many under 40.

Then I could not sleep for anything last night so I didn't make it mountain biking this morning. I don't know that the BRP trails were that great anyway, since they are still drying from the storms on the Fourth. I mowed and did a thorough front porch cleaning.

Then I went to the gym to swim and run on the treadmill, both of which bear little resemblance to their outdoor "offroad" counterparts. But swimming 500 m (22 lengths) seemed pretty easy. I didn't really stop. My arms and shoulders are a bit sore, though.

Then I ran 4 miles on the treadmill. I really don't like the treadmill at all but it was in the 90's and I didn't want to wait and run late. It was a good tempo run, all except the warm up and cool down at sub-9 minute pace.

1 comment:

Ann and Tim said...

Sounds like a good run, even if it was indoors. I need to get up early to run tomorrow here. Not interested in anything after about 85 degrees!

Dad said yesterday that after they way I played there was no reason for you to be intimidated and that you shoudltry it!