Tuesday, July 31, 2007

recovery

Working backwards ....

Tonight, I did three good laps at SMP. I felt a little sluggish, with two easy days and all. Or maybe it's that I continue to eat and felt fat. Anyway, it was a good ride. I felt both fatigued and yet stronger going up the hill. Then I had a rather tasty burrito from Midtown Burritos across from Costco.

Monday - Swam for 30 - 40 minutes. Mixed in some breaststroke and backstroke. I am feeling very undertrained on the swim. It seemed like I did alot of swimming, but that was only relative to doing none previously. I think my first steps will be to take a lesson at UMKC and get the Total Immersion DVDs.

Usually, I have yoga on Mondays but this was the first of the two weeks that it is closed. Too bad, it would have felt good. I did a good post-swim stretch.

Sunday - Easy 15 miles at Longview.

Saturday night - I wanted to go downtown to some of the Fringe Festival events but could not bear the thought of getting back in the car. So I rode down to the library and saw "Flow" about jazz musician Terance Blanchard. Then I rode down and met my friends in River Market and we went to Harry's Country Club for a beer. Then I rode home. So that was about 15 miles. Slow but hilly. That might not have helped the leg situation.

But I am all better now.

No comments: