Saturday, July 21, 2007

lazy saturday ...

Well I feel lazy anyway. Haven't done any chores except the store and throw the sheets in the washer. I did have a few beers at g2g last night, fortunately for us old girls, it starts at 6:30 and 'ends' at 10:30. I think that just means guys can come at 10:30.

Anyway, discussed doing a mellow ride with E, but neither of us was that into it this morning and it was sorta raining.

Did 1200 yards in the pool. Probably 2/3 breaststroke. I may go again tomorrow and just do the 33 laps (race distance) freestyle and time it. The good news is that my arms/shoulders weren't fatigued while swimming and I think I'm OK on breathing so I don't need to rest much. The bad news is that long about length 17, apparently I decided I would inhale some water and see what it was like. I had grab the wall and cough for awhile. I really need to try and recover from that kind of thing on my back, but it was bad. I'm not sure what the hell I was doing ... that has never happened like that before.

Then I went out for a run, low 80's, partly cloudy, a little humid - 58%. 43 minutes down the Trolley Trail. Didn't feel great but didn't feel bad. Most of my runs lately have been in less than optimal conditions and that is on purpose. I will have to be able to run tired, in the tri's and the half. Fortunately, running is my least weak link.

2 comments:

Ann and Tim said...

Sorry about the water in your mouth. Good thing it was only pool water.

I think the two workouts are a very smart idea. I still think running after the bike will be hard.

Mary said...

Actually pool water really burns.

Lake water, while it may be toxic, didn't seem to burn as bad.