Tuesday, July 24, 2007

time trial

Well I was relatively happy because I covered 33 laps in the pool (which equals 825 yards which equals 754 meters) in 21:30. I did not stop, though really when you have the wall every 25 yards you get a breath there. Unless you can do a flip turn, which of course I cannot nor do I want to learn. But that was about what I figured my time would be. I had done 500 m in about 14 last week so at least I'm consistent.

Then I looked back and on May 15, I did 30 laps in 20 minutes. That was when I thought the pool was 25 meters but then discovered it was 25 yards. So really I've gained nothing in two months. I have a feeling I rested more a couple months ago but I'm not sure.

I guess I didn't think I was any faster. But I'm not sure it really feels any better now either. And I seriously doubt I will be able to do that much freestyle in a tri. I don't really care about my time but I would prefer to not be in the water for more than 30 minutes.

Sigh.

I ran this morning. Around 30 minutes on the Trolley Trail.

1 comment:

Ann and Tim said...

REPORT! No update = lazy!